|“Nothing I've ever done has given me more joys and rewards than being a father to my children.”|
Dads matter. Your age and the ages of your children makes no difference, you can impact how your kids treat others and how they are treated. While it can be hard to be a parent, as a father you can make a difference in the lives of your kids, your partner, and other dads.
What you can do:
- Talk to your kids. Let your kids know that girls are allowed to be tough and boys are allowed to be caring.
- Be a role model. Show them that dads can be emotional, they can be caring, they can be supportive and they can be involved in their kids’ lives.
- Talk to other dads. Nobody can relate to the struggles and concerns of fatherhood better than a fellow dad.
- Join the Iowa Men’s Action Network
- Take the Fathers' Day Pledge